Shoulder-Rests and Jaw-Rests
Below are recommended brands and models of shoulder-rests and jaw-rests, but before spending any money, consult with your teacher for the correct brand and model for you.
- This brand is affordable, sticks to the instrument, and lasts for some time.
- This brand is of a similar design to Everest, and should be used only if an Everest isn't suitable, since they don't fit as well, and break more easily.
- Wolf, Viva, or sponges
- These models or types should only be used at your teacher's recommendation.
- This German brand is hypoallergenic, light, and super comfortable. Models are available for most sizes of violin or viola, and in side-mount and center-mount versions.
- This model is used personally by SFSS faculty, but it should be used only on your teacher's recommendation.